Did you know socializing can boost your brain health?
Connecting with friends & family is one of the easiest ways to maintain a novel environment for our brains. Friends & family provide opportunities to communicate, interact, and share experiences. They also provide the necessary motivation to stay mentally active and involved.
Socializing and sustaining a social network can seem difficult or daunting, but keeping in touch can be as easy as picking up your phone! If you’re having trouble getting started, how about trying these 6 simple steps…
Your Game Plan for a Strong Social Network:
- Open your address book – Search your brain, book, or phone for your list of contacts.
- Pick your priorities – Categorize your contacts into 3 groups: Family & closest friends, Good friends, Casual acquaintances.
- Make a plan to connect – Based on your priorities, determine some people you want to connect with weekly, monthly, quarterly or yearly and mark reminders in your calendar.
- Follow through – Contact them in advance to schedule the get-togethers. If they’re not there, leave a message.
- Reschedule – If your friend or family member can’t make it, plan another day to reconnect.
- Meet & play Fit Brains together! – Once you meet, make sure you have something to do. Playing Fit Brains is a great idea as you can have fun together & compare scores. A little competition with your friends & family will also keep you motivated to continue to train & challenge your brain!
By playing Fit Brains for 5-10 minutes a day, you can stimulate your brain health. It’s probably the most fun & enjoyable exercise you will ever experience so take advantage of it!
We have some exciting plans coming up here at Fit Brains in the next few months that will certainly delight your brain, so stay tuned!