A great snack that helps rejuvenate the brain after draining amounts of studying, work, chores, etc.! Check out the Fit Brains‘ collection of recipes, we will add new brain healthy recipes every couple of days so visit often!
Purple Monster Smoothie
What you Need:
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup orange juice (or soy milk)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Putting it all Together:
- Place bananas, blueberries and juice in a blender and puree.
- Use honey and vanilla to taste and voila!
Here at Fit Brains, we have been testing and building up a beautifully delicious collection of recipes that help with improving brain health. Now, we’re ready to start rolling out our collection slowly. We will be adding a new recipe to our recipe collection page every couple of days, so make sure to check back often!
The first recipe we would like to introduce is the Glazed Hazelnut & Berry Salad. This dish will help with memory improvement.
Glazed Hazelnut and Berry Salad
What you Need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 10 cups salad greens
- 1 cup of your favorite berries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons shallots
- Salt and Pepper as desired
Putting it all Together:
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 F.
- Combine oil and honey in a small bowl.
- Add nuts to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Place nuts in a small baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- While they cool, begin the dressing.
- Combine berries, oil, vinegar, water, mustard, garlic and honey in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl and stir in shallots.
- Just before serving, place greens in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the greens and toss to coat.
- Divide the salad as desired.
- Scatter your favorite berries, feta cheese and glazed nuts over your salad and serve!
Let us know how you enjoyed the recipe in the comments below!
Happy healthy eating from the Fit Brains team!
Sometimes, the influx of work and daily to-dos are stressful for many of us. Our brains will likely become exhausted on more than a few occasions so we need to remember how to relax the mind!
Here are 6 tips from the Fit Brains team to help you clear & calm the brain during those stressful days!
- Yoga / meditation – Practicing yoga or meditation will help relax the body, mind, and soul. Sign up for a trial yoga class, many community centers will offer the 1st class for free. You can also try meditating at home by sitting in a comfortable position, closing your eyes, clearing your mind, and thinking about one specific but stress-free thing for 10-30 minutes.
- Keep hydrated – Drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated and clean. Toxins can build up in the body if it is dehydrated, which will often clog up the mind.
- Listen to music – Listening to music you enjoy triggers natural endorphins in your brain, so take a break and listen to some soothing music that you love.
- Shut off your brain – Do something mindless and/or repetitive. Activities like easy chores or light exercises are good because they don’t require a lot of thinking. Good examples are swimming, folding laundry, going for a walk, doing the dishes.
- Eat right – Cut back on stimulating foods such as coffee, energy drinks, sodas, and candy. Also try to avoid processed & artificial foods. You are what you eat so you need to eat healthy to have a healthy mind!
- Treat yourself – Do something you love and know will lower your stress level. We have all been living in our bodies long enough to know the things we like to do that will help us relax. Sometimes all we need is a break! Take a nap, get a massage, melt away in a bubble bath…do whatever you need to do to recharge yourself!
While brain breaks are great once in a while, don’t forget to keep your mind active on a regular basis to maintain its optimal performance! The Fit Brains Trainer app is great for exercising the mind without any burden of stress. If you have kids, they can stimulate their brain skills with our new Fit Brains for Kids app as well!
You asked for it, and now we delivered…
Our newest iOS brain training app for kids has launched! Fit Brains: Sparky’s Adventures is now available for download on iPhones and iPads at the iTunes store.
Fit Brains: Sparky’s Adventures offers a first-of-its-kind approach to child learning and development. With a library of 200+ fun & healthy brain games designed for children ages 2 to 8, this app will stimulate the 5 key areas of your child’s brain and automatically adapts to the specific needs of your child.
- 200+ games for your child that are both fun and educational
- Each game stimulates a key area of the brain: Memory, Concentration (Attention), Problem-Solving, Speed, Visual
- Automatic adjustment of game difficulty to match your child’s skill level and continuing growth
- Rewarded treats that can be added to the “playground” to keep your child engaged and motivated
- The “Parents Corner” offers detailed tools & charts tracking your child’s progress in different areas
- A “Fit Brains Age Index” to show which age group your child is performing the closest to
Benefits for your Child:
- Stimulate brain processing
- Decrease boredom & increase educational fun!
In the Media:
The original Fit Brains Trainer has been highly successful, used and praised by people all over the world. However, we have gotten many requests for additional tools & products and we knew we had to start expanding our training to the entire family. We saw the lack of a comprehensive brain trainer for young children, and heard from many of our fans that they wanted a Fit Brains app geared toward their kids. It was here that Fit Brains: Sparky’s Adventures was born.
We hope this new app will bring education into playtime fun for your children. Leave us a comment below and let us know your child’s experience with the app!