As we get older, it gets harder for our brain cells to communicate with each other. Therefore, it gets harder to learn new things. Blackberries provide potent antioxidants known as polyphenols that zap inflammation and encourage communication between neurons, improving our ability to soak up new information!
Check out this healthy, easy. & scrumptious lamb chops recipe that features a delicious blackberry sauce. If you don’t eat lamb, you can also substitute the lamb with beef. Dinner is served!
Easy Lamb Chops with Blackberry Sauce
What you need:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shallots, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups blackberry pulp
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 whole clove
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 4 lamb chops
Putting it all Together:
- Saute the shallots and garlic in hot olive oil until translucent.
- Mix the blackberry pulp, honey, clove, cardamon and jalapeno in a bowl.
- Add the wine and cook until reduced to half.
- Grill the lamb, and serve with sauce drizzled over top!
Leave a comment below & let us know how the recipe worked out for you. Check out the Fit Brains‘ collection of recipes, we will add new brain healthy recipes every couple of days so visit often!
You asked for it, and now we delivered…
Our newest iOS brain training app for kids has launched! Fit Brains: Sparky’s Adventures is now available for download on iPhones and iPads at the iTunes store.
Fit Brains: Sparky’s Adventures offers a first-of-its-kind approach to child learning and development. With a library of 200+ fun & healthy brain games designed for children ages 2 to 8, this app will stimulate the 5 key areas of your child’s brain and automatically adapts to the specific needs of your child.
- 200+ games for your child that are both fun and educational
- Each game stimulates a key area of the brain: Memory, Concentration (Attention), Problem-Solving, Speed, Visual
- Automatic adjustment of game difficulty to match your child’s skill level and continuing growth
- Rewarded treats that can be added to the “playground” to keep your child engaged and motivated
- The “Parents Corner” offers detailed tools & charts tracking your child’s progress in different areas
- A “Fit Brains Age Index” to show which age group your child is performing the closest to
Benefits for your Child:
- Stimulate brain processing
- Decrease boredom & increase educational fun!
In the Media:
The original Fit Brains Trainer has been highly successful, used and praised by people all over the world. However, we have gotten many requests for additional tools & products and we knew we had to start expanding our training to the entire family. We saw the lack of a comprehensive brain trainer for young children, and heard from many of our fans that they wanted a Fit Brains app geared toward their kids. It was here that Fit Brains: Sparky’s Adventures was born.
We hope this new app will bring education into playtime fun for your children. Leave us a comment below and let us know your child’s experience with the app!