Hidden Gem Bingo is a colorful, Concentration-based brain game that takes the classic game of Bingo to the next level with challenging new layers designed to improve your focus and attention. Create a variety of “Bingo Words” by matching letters and colors on increasingly complex boards full of gems, bonus patterns, hidden jackpots, and more!
Inspired by the widely popular game BINGO, packed with fun Bonuses and other incentives.
Targets all areas of Concentration, increasing in challenge and complexity as the game progresses.
Uses strategic gameplay, layered Game Boards and a wide variety of BINGO Words for increased replayability.
Hidden Gem Bingo a concentration game. Click here to play Hidden Gem Bingo!
As most of us get into middle age we might take special notice of our body’s ability to keep a few extra pounds around the waist. Most of us understand the importance of eating healthy and the disease risk associated with extra weight around the belly.
Recent research suggests the brain’s ability to sense gratification may be critical to overeating behavior. We may have a gene that assists us with knowing when we are filled after eating. Research now indicates that a brain that does not express satiation will lead to continued eating and increased risk of obesity.
We know that a healthy diet and regular exercise are very important for maintaining a healthy weight and avoiding obesity. However, genetics also plays a role in which an important neurochemical, Dopamine, may play a critical role. Dopamine is the primary neurochemical that regulates our pleasure sensation.
Eating temporarily boosts dopamine levels, but obesity may be associated with fewer Dopamine receptors which lead to less sensation of pleasure with eating. Research now suggests that the brain regions important to Dopamine expression when eating treats such as a milkshake does not get activated in those who are obese.
Interestingly, Dopamine has been studied as a primary mechanism for addiction and impulsive behavior including eating. Attempts are underway to try and understand how Dopamine might be triggered even in obesity to reduce impulsive eating so as to reduce gaining more weight. To read more about Dopamine, click here
Busy Bistro helps you to improve short and long-term aspects of memory amidst the distractions of a busy kitchen environment. In this brain game, you are the apprentice of a chef with a variety of great recipes, but a poor memory for the finer points. Can you help the chef remember the finishing details on his next delightful creation of culinary genius? Your ability to remember details is the key, and practice makes perfect. Let’s get cooking!
Fun cooking-themed characters, appliances and environments to keep you motivated
Hundreds of real recipes to challenge your memory
Designed to improve short and long term memory
Busy Bistro is a game of Memory. Click here to play Busy Bistro!
Super Word Scrapers is a brain game that utilizes vocabulary and word fluency to strengthen your core language skills. Create words for every letter of the alphabet to fill an empty skyline with majestic skyscrapers that defy the very laws of gravity. Test and strengthen your language skills with a wide variety of quick word scrambles, tricky riddles, and other fun language activities found in the frequent “Super Word” challenges.
Improve your vocabulary and word fluency while building majestic skyscrapers
Over 150,000 unique words in the Word Scraper dictionary
Hundreds of fun Super Word Challenges to test every aspect of your language skills
Combine your word-building skills with those of your Friends and Family in an exciting Team Game
Super Word Scrapers is a game of Language. Click here to play Super Word Scrapers!
Street of Dreams blends attention and memory exercises into an increasingly-challenging, dream home building brain game. You are an up-and-coming architect, looking to become a world-renowned Dream Home Builder. You purchase land and construct homes, seeking to create a valuable “Street of Dreams”. Building and selling premium homes earns you cash to build your very own Ultimate Dream Home.
Engaging word association game that requires strong contrentration
Object of the game is to build a beautiful dream home
It is important to point out that I am not a fan of the winter season. In fact, I dread it and would rather be on a beach somewhere! However, regardless of my personal stuff, it is important to keep our brains active and engaged in the brain health lifestyle regardless of the season.
For some, the winter season does not represent a change in the options available to follow the brain health lifestyle. If you live in a part of the world where the sun continues to shine throughout the year keep your brain health lifestyle active over the 12 months. For those of us who actually see snow our options to venture outside may be limited at times.
Winter can be a time of increased stress and simultaneously a time for creativity and increased family time. Consider the following ideas for brain health this winter:
Save your pennies and get a family membership to a gym or exercise club. Set up the family schedule for exercising together and use the gym as the snow may keep you inside at times.
Break out the skis and get some exercise from this sport. Cross country skiing is also a great physical exercise.
Try to walk in the snow if it is not dangerous.
Break out the board games and have a family game night. This includes some family fun with Fit Brains brain games.
Try to have winter as a time for getting your brain health diet started. Have a family member pick a night to help cook a brain health dinner.
The world economic situation is fertile ground for anxiety, some realistic and other perpetuated from misinformation and personal agendas. It is important to take some time to consider the following as methods for coping with these uncertain times:
1. Information and knowledge will help to reduce anxiety, even when the information is not positive. Most of us experience anxiety or unease when we are confronted with uncertainty. As such, it is a good idea to spend some time researching the economic issues (stock market, credit, employment, etc) from a variety of viewpoints. You may have noticed that reading and predicting the economy is not a science, but for those in the stock market, there are predictable patterns based on many years of past behavior. This should provide some certainty even though the present represents a turbulent time.
2. Meet with your financial planner to review all investments and liabilities. He or she will help you reduce your risk and loss while planning appropriately for the near and long term future.
3. Have a family meeting to discuss the issues and to provide a forum to express fears and hopes. Make a family plan that adapts spending and saving to the current market demands.
4. Place a focus on your emotional condition and make an extra effort to exercise and eat healthy. This will enable your body to handle the stress better.
5. This is a great time to use relaxation procedures such as breathing and progressive muscle relaxation. Meditation is also a good daily activity.
6. Have faith in our human innovative and adaptive nature and believe that we will survive this period of uncertainty.
7. Reach out to others who may be in a particularly difficult situation and offer them your time and friendship.