With warm weather and the summer season upon us it is a good time to consider all the benefits this sunny season provides for brain health:
1. Increased exposure to the sun comes with Vitamin D which is good for the body and brain.
2. We can increase our mobility by getting outside to walk, play, swim, and run.
3. Socialization can increase as more people commune to the outdoors.
4. Exercise routines can become more routine and more diverse.
5. We can enjoy nature and slow our world down thereby decreasing stress.
6. We can increase our water consumption and reduce calories.
7. Our moods can get a bit happier with blue sky.
8. We may sleep better with increased physical activity.
9. We can garden and do chores in the yard.
10. We may be able to spend more time with the family.
So have fun this summer and enjoy all the brain benefits.