Honeydew melon & raspberries are amazing brain foods! Raspberries contain antioxidants that can prevent inflammation in the brain. Berry fruits have also been reported to improve memory & motor control. B-vitamins found in Honeydew melon help prevent or slow down the onset of Alzheimer’s disease. Honeydew melon also contain an important antioxidant called Zeaxanthin to protect vision by absorbing harmful blue light rays and preventing age-related Macular Degeneration.
Here is an easy & healthy Melon Slices with Raspberry Sauce recipe for a delightful fruity snack!
Melon with Raspberry Sauce
What you Need:
- 2 2/3 cups raspberries, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 honeydew melon
Putting it all Together:
- Set aside a few raspberries for garnish.
- Place the remaining berries in a blender and process until pureed.
- Add the honey, lemon juice and ginger and process longer.
- Strain and discard seeds, then set sauce aside.
- Cut the melons into desired shapes and arrange nicely on a plate.
- Drizzle with raspberry sauce and top with reserved berries!