Hummus is a Mediterranean staple that is rich in B vitamins and Omega-3s, nutrients that are essential to brain health! Hummus is made out of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are healthy fats that will keep your brain nourished and focused. Hummus is great as a study or work snack as it’ll help your brain remember things easier and stay concentrated. Hummus also has no sugar and relatively little sodium, which is a bonus to maintaining a healthy diet as well!
Check out this simple & delicious Hummus recipe we have for you below that’ll help keep your brain performing at its best!
Lemon Garlic Hummus
What you Need:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whole wheat pita bread, cut into wedges
Putting it all Together:
- In a blender, combine the oil, lemon juice, beans, garlic and salt.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl and serve with whole wheat pita wedges!