Most of us think about mental exercises when we think of brain training. And of course this is a very important component of brain training! Did you know that your brain wants to be stimulated and exercised? When you do something new or somewhat complex your brain will react favorably and will become more resilient! On the other hand, your brain will suffer if it is too passive or routine.
Mental exercises or mental stimulation can take many different forms, so here are some tips for different ways your can stimulate your brain!
- Learn something new, such as a new language
- Travel to new places or use new routes in otherwise familiar setting
- Play a musical instrument
- Get crafty and creative (like arts and crafts, not witchcraft)
- Do focused brain training activities (like Fit Brains)
- Play board games
- Read and write
What type of mental activity gives your brain the biggest boost? Tell us in the comments! Be sure to follow our blog for more lifestyle, health & brain tips. And, you can always benefit your brain when you play Fit Brains fun brain games! Try Fit Brains for FREE now!
Fit Brains. Brain Training Success