Spring is a great time of the year as the winter season ends and new life emerges all around. For those of us who live in the winter belt it is quite refreshing to see the blue sky, the sunshine and absorb our vitamin D!
Spring is also a time for introspection and for beginning new behaviors to promote our own health. Brain health is such an important area and one that everyone can begin to focus with the new season. Perhaps with the advent of spring you can try the following to get started on your brain health lifestyle:
1. Walk daily at least 30 minutes or 10,000 steps (purchase a pedometer to help keep count).
2. Increase your intake of fish, fruits and vegetables.
3. Tell someone you are sorry or forgive another where there may be some conflict.
4. Engage in two tasks that are novel and complex.
5. Reduce your stress by giving yourself free time this spring season.
6. Try to do one group activity a week.
These are not too difficult and they will help to promote your general health and brain health for the 2009 year.